We Care Arts

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Artist Spotlight on Aylsie Geier

"My name is Aylsie Geier and I am a mom and a grandma (Nana). I have been working at We Care Arts since February, 2007. This place has been a life-saver for me. Before I came to We Care Arts. I had been off work for about 8 years. I have an engineering degree and worked in the automotive field for several years. I have traveled quite a bit and handled a lot of responsibility; perhaps more than I should have." 

 "My diagnosis is Recurrent Severe Depression, some anxiety and PTSD. Physical ailments go along with mental disability so I have some of those. These days I like to try to be creative and be on the positive side. Through all the bad days I have made it through so far. People at We Care Arts promote ones self-esteem and that is so important to people who have been thinking they have little to contribute to the society."

Below are some examples of Aylsie's beautiful artwork. The first two can be purchased at our online store.  Aylsie also has several pieces of art as the mosaics below in our gift shop at 3035 Wilmington Pike in Kettering, Ohio. Each artist receives a percent of the sale of their item.




No comments:

Post a Comment